- Each participating team will compete with 4 players. It is intended that the team competes with the four players with whom it has qualified for the Europe Masters. The team must compete with at least two of the players from the qualification.
- The tournament exists of 4 playing rounds. Each round a single game is simultaneous played by all participants.
- The individual score per team member per game (5, 3, 2 or 1 point) is added together and this gives the team result. In case of a tie, the points will be divided. Example during a game two players end both second place, they each will get (3+2)/2 = 2.5 point each. Always CHECK the tiebreaker to determine ranking! Maximum score possible for a team is 80 points (4 players × 4 games × 5 points).
- The team with the most points wins the tournament and becomes European Champion Boardgames.
- In the event of a tie between teams, the following criteria shall decide the ranking in the order listed: the best place average (taking into account shared places), the most second places, the most third places, better placing of the best, second best, third best individual player.
- In one round the 4 players of a team play at all the starting positions 1, 2, 3 and 4 once.
- Each player plays once in each of the 4 rounds at the starting positions 1, 2, 3 and 4.
- The tournament draw ensures that each team meets every other team exactly once or twice.
- The only material allowed at the tournaments is the original playing material of the games – including the rulebook.
- No notes may be taken during the games. Likewise, no notes may be brought along. Other aids such as calculators, mobile phones or similar are of course not allowed either.
- Participants who have finished their game clean up the game they have played together.
- Participants who have finished their game must
- leave the tournament area immediately,
- not to linger at other tables where games are still being played,
- not to interfere with games in progress, and
- not to talk to other players who are still playing.
- The four players of a team play all four games, i.e. the entire tournament. Reserve players serve as substitutes if in player drops out before the tournament.
The substitution of a player during the tournament is only possible under special circumstances – e.g. an accident that happened during the tournament or an illness that occurred during the tournament.
Check in time! I know it can be crowded.